Invite the NIH Director
Invitations to the NIH Director may be sent to NIHDirectorInvitations@nih.gov for his and his immediate team’s consideration. The NIH Executive Secretariat manages these invitations by seeking recommendations from NIH senior leaders and subject matter experts to help inform the NIH Director's decisions.
What to Include in the Invitation
When inviting the NIH Director to speak at or participate in an internal or external event or meeting, or when requesting time to meet with him, please provide the following information:
- description of the event or key topic;
- information on other speakers or participants;
- information on the NIH Director's role (whether he is invited to be an attendee, a participant, or a speaker);
- date, time, and location of the event and whether remote participation is acceptable; and
- draft or final copy of the agenda, and/or other background information, if appropriate.
Please note that when considering speaking invitations, the NIH Director has pledged to participate in events only where experts of all backgrounds are offered speaking opportunities and that inclusiveness is evident in the agenda.
When you submit an invitation to NIHDirectorInvitations@nih.gov, you will receive an acknowledgement email from the Exec Sec team. It is our goal to send a final response to the NIH Director’s invitations within three weeks. If you have a question on the status of an existing invitation, please contact NIHDirectorInvitations@nih.gov. For more information on how to invite other NIH Leadership, please visit Executive Portfolio Management.